Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

As 2012 has drawn to a close it is the time to reflect on everything that happened in the past year; things I accomplished, things to improve upon, and things to continue doing in the new year.

To summarise 2012 has been the year that I; completed my MA Hons in Russian from UCL, became Events Manager for Westminster Russia Forum, continued as Editor of Voices (Voices of the 7 Billion), travelled to Madrid with Hannah Bysouth, Paris with Andrew Scott-Taggart and Brussels with London CF, met the Russian Ambassador, moved in with Dorte Kjelgaard and Jane Byrne, and began interning for Collection Red. I think that it is fair to say that 2012 has been a pretty amazing year and if 2013 is as good as 2012 then I will be very happy.

Reflecting on 2012 has also helped me to create my 2013 resolutions. Apart from the standard drink less, give money to charity, be nice to others (even if they vote Labour ;) ) etc etc I will;

1. Get a new job relating to my skills e.g. Russian speaking (and not as a love bride, nanny or gangster)
2. Try to become a publisher author (even if it is just a letter to the Editor in the Telegraph)
3. Exercise at least once a week (and running for the bus will not count towards this)
4. Not skip meals. (When busy I am really bad at skipping meals this will not happen in 2013, I hope)
5. Aim to read 50/100 Top 100 books. (I have read basically everything Russian now to move on to English, American, French literature).

So there we go my 5 aims for 2013. I would also like to take this chance to wish you a very Happy New Year! And for any Russian speaking readers С Новым Годом! Желаю вам успех, счасте, денги и любовь в 2013!

No comments: