Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Breakfast

It's that time of year again when I need to be writing my essays and revising for my exams, but as usual for this time I have managed to catch a cold. Based on past experience, and as any medical professional will tell you, I have learned that there really isn't a cure for the common cold you can only ease the symptoms. In the past I have found that drinking lots of fluids, eating lots of fruit and not manically exerting myself are the best ways to speed recovery. Oh and taking cold relief drugs so that I can breathe. So with this in mind I headed to Morrisons to buy as many cold drugs and as much fruit as I could carry. As a result of this, this is what my breakfast looked like this morning:
(L->R) Two Tangerines, Paracetamol, OJ, Fruit Smoothie, Raspberry and Echinacea Tea, Branflakes with Soya Milk and Strawberries. As you can see I decided to stay away from the garlic this time.
My plan until I am well enough to sit in the library and not incurr the wrath of my fellow students by my sniffing and overwhelming smell of Olbas oil is to hit my immune system with as many vitamins as possible. So far so good.

No comments: