Friday, 25 September 2009

TUC bans heels

I couldn't quite believe this one when I read it but the TUC has banned its workers from wearing high heels. I can understand that they are impractical in some areas of work like building sites for example but sure it should be up to the wearer whether or not they want to wear them. Seems like another choice that has been taken away from the public.
Fair enough that they do cause foot problems if woren all the time and that Two million working days are lost every year through lower limb and foot-related problems. Two million working days equates to a £300 million contribution to the economy, which is a seriously problem. Further I can see the point that some areas of work require women to wear them as part of the dress code but is this really such a big issue that it has required this much debate. If I want to wear heels and damage my feet then surely that's my choice.
Personally I love shoes, especially high heels (ask anyone I have ever been shopping with) and I don't like the idea that I could be banned from wearing them at work. I would like to have the choice as to whether I wear this:

or this:to work. Which would you rather been seen in? I know which one I'd pick.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Go heels! :-)))