Thursday, 18 December 2008

Oh dear

I think it's official I am turning into a Language Geek and will one day most likely turn into a female version of Damon. I only realised this once my friends and I had been laughing at and joined the group 'I never go anywhere in Russia because that involves using verbs of motion.' For those of you who don't know it is not actually possible to say 'go' in Russian it depends on by what means you are going eg transport or foot, whether you are just going there or returning as well, whether you regularly go there or is it a one time thing? and also whether you go there and go into, around, past, through the building. If you don't believe me check out the Facebook group.
I also realised this when Damon sent me this joke and I considered it to be one of the funniest I have heard all year:
"What do you call a person who speaks many languages? Multilingual. What do you call a person who speaks two languages? Bilingual. What do you call a person who speaks only one language? English/American"
You have been officially warned in the future it is higly likely that I will turn into Damon. Also if you have any language jokes let me know I need something to make me smile Russia is freezing!

1 comment:

Nick said...

One wonders, though not too much, about what a female version of Damon would look like!