Monday, 15 December 2008

Carols

As it is Advent and the doors on my Advent calender have nearly all been opening it is time to start feeling festive, it's not hard here in Moscow there is a Yolka on every street corner, the kiosks are covered in tinsel and flashing signs, and my local Ramstor shop has started to play very bad Christmas music. So in many repsects it feels exactly like being England, except that people don't yell 'Devushka!' at you in the street or that you don't see dead animals lying on the sides of roads, oh and that the average daily temperature is below zero. Anyway while at my church carol service yesterday I realised which of the carols is my favourite. Now I do like Coming Faithfully or Seeing amid the winter snow but my favourite is 'O Little Town of Bethlehem'. So here is a wonderful clip of the lovely Aled Jones singing it. Hope this makes you feel more festive. :)

No comments: