Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Song of the Day

Today's song of the day comes from the Andrew Lloyd Weber Musical- Jesus Christ Super Star. It is the climax of the film just before Jesus is about to be arrested and sentenced to death, he is in doubt about his fate and is pleading with God to show him the impact his selfless act will have upon the world. As you may be aware you can leave comments on You Tube and my favourite relating to this clip is this one:
'Regardless of what you think of Jesus the religious figure, it's hard not to admire Jesus the man after this. This is a song about a man who accepts that he will die for his beliefs even though he is unsure if his death will mean anything. He doesn't have the satisfaction of confirmation or understanding, but his Faith is unwavering.Beautiful tune that reminds us that Jesus was, first and foremost, human.'
The most powerful lines in this song come around the 5 minute mark and are:
'God thy will is hard, but you hold every card, I will drink your cup of poison, nail me to your cross and break me, bleed me, beat me, kill me, take me now before I change my mind.'
In my view this musical is an amazing one not just musically but for the message that runs throughout. Enjoy.

No comments: