Sunday, 6 July 2008

Wimbledon Men's Final

A large part of my day was spent at work today but upon finishing I came home to find my mum watching the Wimbledon Men's Final so being tired and having nothing else to do I joined her in watching it. The final was between Rodger Federer and Raphael Nadal, now my mum was supporting Nadal mostly because it was a chance to see a new player become the champion rather than just having a repeat of history like we saw in the Women's Final, who will it be this year Venus or Serina? Oh look it's Venus, how wonderful, right next! After what felt like hours and hours of play Nadal won in the fifth set 6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 9-7. It was so nerve racking that it was hard to take in that it was all over and he had won! After climbing into the crowd to see his parents and then shake hands with the Spanish Royalty in the Royal Box he was presented with his trophy. Sadly not as he is picture to the left but there we go you can't get everything you want in life, I predict this one will go far. He has it all the looks, the skill, the accent... anyway back to doing something more productive.

No comments: