Monday, 16 June 2008

Nick resigns

While I was off last week I received a text from Nick Webb telling me that he had officially resigned as the area chairman for Bristol and Gloucestershire CF in order to pursue a career in Welsh Politics. While this was a shock it was a nice shock.
I have known Nick for about two years now and I know that he is a wonderful man who has done a fantastic job as Area Chairman. It is easier to be a Uni or area chairman in a big city like London as there are good transport links and a wide various of locations not to mention high numbers of members but being in charge of such a spread out county as Gloucestershire and getting members to regularly travel to meetings and help campaign for such a diverse spread of constituencies is an achievement worth noticing more.
I have had the pleasure of meeting with Nick both on a Political and Personal level and I can assure you that he is one of the most dedicated people I have met, so for any Welsh people reading this Vote for him! Nick I wish you all the best in your campaign to get elected in Wales, if you work half as hard with Wales as you did with Bristol and Gloucestershire CF you'll be elected in no time!

No comments: