Friday, 27 June 2008

Immunisation

Today I got another step closer to departing for my year abroad, today was the trip to the nurses to check my shots were all up to date and sort out the ones that weren't. It all started well I was told that I was totally up to date, 'Yay! No needles' I thought, that was until the nurse went on the computer typed in 'Russia' and delightfully informed me that I would require immunisation against Hep A and B, and typhoid, as there have been many new out breaks in St. Petersburg AKA the city I will be heading to. 'Luckily' for me they were all in stock, two of them were free so I could have them right away. It hurt a lot less than I thought it would, this might have been helped by the fact that I was half squeezing the head off of one of the surgery's cuddle toys at the time but there we go. I just have to return next week for the next batch. Once these are done I shall be immune to most western illnesses and shall be invincible. My arm hurts like hell and I am now tucked up in bed watching the film 'Waiting' and drinking coke wishing I had some form of chocolate based product in the house to nom on, but I consider myself very lucky that I have the chance to become immune rather than die of the diseases.

No comments: