Wednesday, 19 December 2007

You can't trust Labour and you can't believe in the Lib Dems


Credit for this post goes to my friends Graham Rutland and Colin Moore, who found the pictures and details of this post. I was in the kitchen most of today baking mince pies and singing along badly to carols rather than working or paying attention to the news.

For today it looks like there aren't any new scandals in the Labour party, no more of my bank details lost or personal details accidentally given out online. But like I said I've been playing house wife all day and cooking so who knows.

It seems that the winners for today are the Lib Dems, after only being party leader for a matter of hours Clegg has already put his foot in it by admitting 'no' to the question 'Do you believe in God?' then adding "I have enormous respect for people who have religious faith, I'm married to a Catholic and am committed to bringing my children up as Catholics." To me this smacks of the age old 'I'm no a racist I have a black friend' excuse.

I am all for freedom of speech and politicians having private lives etc but you'd think that admitting this just before Christmas, one of the biggest Christian religious festivals and hours into your leadership would not be the smartest thing to do. If I had just become leader I'd be wanting to draw people in to support me and help me succeed not instantly alienate them with my views. Looks like Calamity has done it again. Can anyone else smell another leadership contest coming?

1 comment:

Corporal G said...

No new scandals in the Labour Party? Try the humourless self-appointed F├╝hrer of Britain running the whole circus. Each day he's in office without a mandate from the public is a scandal.