Saturday, 8 December 2007

My home town

Once again I am back in Cheltenham and I have only recently realised how much I miss it. When filling in my facebook profile one of the details is 'home town' at first I thought 'ah that's easy London'. I live there, I study there, is where I spend most of my money and my time etc but then rethought and thought 'ah no Cheltenham' My family lives there, my friends are there, I grew up there and it's where I return to when term ends. However after re-rethinking this over I realised that in this past year alone I have lived in 4 different places in 2 countries. This then gave me a bit of a crisis as have lived in Cheltenham, Camden, Mile End and Ceske Budejovice this year. After deciding that I clearly am unable to resolve this I realised that in a years time this situation will be worse as I will be living in Moscow and then St. Petersberg.

Basically by the time I am 22 I will be able to call Cheltenham, various parts of London, Moscow, St. Petersberg and Ceske Budejovice 'my home town' as will have lived in all of them for varying degrees of time. So in short even such a simple question as 'so where do you come from?' does not necessarily have a one word answer. Ask me this question in a years time and I will simply be unable to answer.

3 comments:

Nick said...

and Bristol!

Laura-Rose said...

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Bristol! Lived in three different parts there! Oh and in Cornwall!

Laura-Rose said...

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Bristol! Lived in three different parts there! Oh and in Cornwall!